Hogwarts Rewind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Rewind A Harry Potter RPG Site during the Marauder's Era

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lesson one. Draught of Living Death

Go down 
+4
Elisabetta Domenici
Ginny Gage McCall
Dante Grimm
Dragon Immorta
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

Lesson one. Draught of Living Death Empty
PostSubject: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Dragon walked in. He wrote on the board Dragon Immorta. Then underneath. Lesson One. Draught of Living Death. He then drew a smiley face.

''Hello class. I am Dragon Immorta. You will address me as Dragon. Not sir, professor, mr, ect ect. I am Dragon. I will teach you potions to you all. Now...I expect some of you may think you have what it takes. I disagree. This will not fun. This will not be easy. I will not tolerate mischief or disrespect. You will be silent while I talk. Anyone who doesn't follow that rule will receive punishment. Now. You will find if you behave you will enjoy this. If you don't.....Well. I bet you can guess. So. I have a question. What is the Draught of Living Death potion? Oh and I remind you. No wand will be needed. So don't bring them. If they are. I will notify you a week before.''
Back to top Go down
Dante Grimm
4th Year
Dante Grimm

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Dante walked in. sat. Listend care fully and then raised his hand. ''The Draught of Living Death brings upon its drinker a very powerful sleep that can last indefinitely.'' He said with a smile
Back to top Go down
Ginny Gage McCall
Admin
Ginny Gage McCall

In a Relationship With : no one.........................yet

Character sheet
Ability(s): Metamorphagus

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Ginny walked into the classroom, glad that Peeves hadn't thrown ink on her for this class. She heard his speech and greeted the profe-Dragon. "Hello Profe-i mean, Dragon." She said. Calling a Professor by his first name would take some time to remember. She sat down, near the front, near a window. She listened to Dante Grimm give the answer to Dragon's answer. She sighed. No Wand needed? she thought. That was another thing to get used to, no wand during Potions.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Dragon grinned. ''Well done Dante. I would give you house points. However you're a Grimm. So no, because you already knew that. Well you should off. So in a way. You cheat.'' He said. He then spun in 360 degrees. ''Right. yes. No, Wait what am I on about? OH YES! Ginny. Don't even think about calling me professor. Urrr. Horrbile title. Dragon. Good name. Yes. Right. So...What ingredients will need?...Dante. Shut it. That's for Ginny.'' He walked around the desk. Then sat on it. He looked at Ginny expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Ginny Gage McCall
Admin
Ginny Gage McCall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Ginny nods. She had already made mental notes in her head. "The ingredients would be water, a powdered root of asphodel, an infusion of wormwood, a valerian root, and a sophophorous bean." She said, slightly nervous. She hoped that she had thought of every ingredient needed.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Dragon smiled. ''Well done. Have 5 house points. 100% correct-a-mondo. Ohh. I like that. Ahem. Sorry. Righty-o. So. That is what we need. Exactly. Now. Dante. Your turn. How would you prep it. Get this wrong you can have a detention Grimm. Get it right take 5 house points. Come on mr man. You know you can do it.'' He looked a Dante and Grinned.
Back to top Go down
Dante Grimm
4th Year
Dante Grimm

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Dante smiled. ''
You should:
Cut up the Sopophorous bean
Pour in 250 fl.oz. of water and add 5 oz. of African sea salt to the beaker. Set the beaker aside after all the water has been added. Be very careful not to shake or move the beaker now.
Leave the water and salt to rest for five minutes.
Slowly pour all the water into the cauldron.
With your left hand use the graduated cylinder to obtain 40 fl.oz. of essence of wormwood.
With your right hand hold the cauldron at a slight angle and pour ten drops of essence of wormwood.
Now with your left hand hold the cauldron at a slightly different angle and pour another ten drops of wormwood essence.
Chop three Valerian roots into small squared pieces. After cutting place it in a beaker with water. Leave it to settle for five minutes. Your potion should now be resembling a smooth blackcurrant-coloured liquid.
Carefully pour the Sopophorous bean's juice into the cauldron
Add seven drops of the reduced liquid from the beaker; make sure there are no traces or fragments of Valerian root.
Stir the potion ten times clockwise; your potion should now be turning a light shade of lilac.
With your right hand stir the potion counterclockwise until the potion turns as clear as water; every stir should take approximately two and a half seconds.
Slowly put in seven square pieces of Valerian root.
Stir the potion ten times counterclockwise.
Add one hundred and fifty fl.oz. of powdered root of asphodel.
Hold the cauldron with your right hand; with your left hand gently stir the potion ten times counterclockwise and eight times clockwise.
Leave the potion to settle for two and a half minutes.
Add one small piece of Valerian root.
Your potion should turn to a pale pink colour; the preparation is now complete.

However. I read that the Sopophorous bean should be crushed, not cut, to get more juice from it, and you should stir counterclockwise seven times and clockwise once instead.''

He smiled. looked a dragon. And didn't want a detention.
Back to top Go down
Elisabetta Domenici
3rd year
Elisabetta Domenici

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Elisabetta sighed heavily as she made her way into the Potions classroom and sat down in a seat near the front of the room. She hated Potions, but judging from the look of the professor, she decided it was better off not to get under the man's skin. After taking a quick glance around at her fellow students, she took out her parchment, quill, and ink and prepared to start taking notes.

"Draught of the Living Death..." she muttered, scribbling this down, then waiting for the definition of the potion. It was going to be a long day, she could feel it. It was not something she was looking forward to.
Back to top Go down
Ginny Gage McCall
Admin
Ginny Gage McCall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Ginny noticed a Slytherin girl, 3rd year probably rush into the room. Could this be Betta, the girl Dmitri was talking about? she wondered. The professor wasn't talking right now, so Ginny decided to greet the girl. "Hello. Your Elisabetta, right?" She asked, hoping she wouldn't get detention or anything.
Back to top Go down
Luna Valkyrie
4th Year
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Ability(s): Animal Shapeshifter & Part Veela

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Luna walks in with a faint blush on her face from the run to the classroom. ''Sorry I'm late, Dragon.'' She seats herself down, plonking an overflowing notebook on the desk with a grin. She starts to make notes on the parts she heard and looks up with interest sparkling in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm

''Well done Dante have 5 points. Elisabetta get out of my room and wait. Understood. Then wait behind. Luna. Wait behind also. Now. At the back of the class is everything you need. As you can see its piled with urmm. Stuff looking stuff. Now whom ever makes me. By my judgement the best draught gets 20 house-points. If you all do well. All of your houses can have 10. Now go students. Make me some Living death.'' He went outside to confront Betta. ''I don't know whats up with you. You can tell me if you like. However. See this sign above my door. Says leave all attitude here. You will do that when you enter my class. That is something you will do. Or I will take house points after house points and give detention after detention. You don't want to be on my bad side. Understood. Now get in there and make me some living death.'' he walked back in. Walked around watching everyone work.
Back to top Go down
Dante Grimm
4th Year
Dante Grimm

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Dante smiles. Then was suprised to see the girl get sent out. After being told to. He got what he needed and followed the instructions he gave eariler (I am not writing it out twice people) Inculding the unorthadox parts as well. He would finish at the same time as the first person. As he would keep to there pace.
Back to top Go down
Elisabetta Domenici
3rd year
Elisabetta Domenici

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:18 pm

"Wait a minute. Wait a bloody minute! I'm not allowed to have a bad day, Dragon? You try being harassed by an utter idiot like Dmitri Kuranov and see how much of a good attitude you have when you get to class! You try it, Dragon!" Elisabetta shouted furiously, throwing her Potions book across the room. "This is ridiculous, getting on my case for nothing I did!"
Back to top Go down
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Dragon looked at her. His eyes shifted from green to red. He exploded with anger ''I COULD NOT CARELESS ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS! THIS IS MY CLASS! HAVE A BAD DAY! I COULDN'T CARE! JUST DON'T YOU DARE BRING THIS INTO MY CLASS NOW GET THE HELL OUT AND CALM DOWN! I DON'T WANT BAD ATTITUDE IN MY CLASS! I HATE IT! I HAD WORSE THAN A LITTLE SCHOOL BOY BULLY IN MY LIFE! TRY GETTING SET ON FIRE WHILE CHAINED TO THE GROUND! SO EITHER CHILL OUT LOSE THE ATTITUDE OR SIT HERE AND DO NOTHING! YOU HAVE JUST EARNED YOUR SELF A 3 HOUR DETENTION AND -20 HOUSE POINTS! WELL DONE!!'' He then took a deep breath. Looked at her with sympathy. ''Sorry, I get angry, Pick up your book. Go work with Ginny.'' He then drank some water.
Back to top Go down
Dmitri Kuranov
3rd year
Dmitri Kuranov

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:28 pm

"Aww, is Princess Elisabetta having a bad day?" Dmitri taunted from across the room. "Stupid girl. Slytherin now has you to thank for tanking it down to the bottom of the House Cup points. You're going to be real popular now, sweetheart."
Back to top Go down
Luna Valkyrie
4th Year
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Luna looks up with a smile and nods causing her hair to get in her face. She ties it up and starts to grab the ingredients, clicking her knuckles. She remembers reading it and gets to work. She cuts up the Sopophorous bean and pours in 250 fl.oz. of water and add 5 oz. of African sea salt to the beaker. Set the beaker aside after all the water has been added. She does it carefully. She then leaves the water and salt to rest for five minutes. She slowly pour all the water into the cauldron. With her left hand, she uses the graduated cylinder to obtain 40 fl.oz. of essence of wormwood. With her right, she holds the cauldron at a slight angle and pour ten drops of essence of wormwood. Then left again, she holds the cauldron at a slightly different angle and pour another ten drops of wormwood essence. She chops three Valerian roots into small squared pieces. After cutting she places it in a beaker with water. She leaves it to settle for five minutes. Her potion now be resembling a smooth blackcurrant-coloured liquid.She carefully pours the Sopophorous bean's juice into the cauldron. She adds seven drops of the reduced liquid from the beaker; make sure there are no traces or fragments of Valerian root. She stir the potion ten times clockwise; your potion should now be turning a light shade of lilac. With her right hand she stirs the potion counterclockwise until the potion turns as clear as water; every stir should take approximately two and a half seconds. Slowly she puts in seven square pieces of Valerian root. She stirs the potion ten times counterclockwise. She adds one hundred and fifty fl.oz. of powdered root of asphodel. She holds the cauldron with her right hand; with her left hand she gently stirs the potion ten times counterclockwise and eight times clockwise. She leaves the potion to settle for two and a half minutes. She adds one small piece of Valerian root.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:32 pm

''Dmitri out. Now.'' He said. He then followed him stared at him for a few moments then spoke ''You ever! Call her stupid and I catch wind you will lose 100 house points and have a detention for the next 3 months. Do I make myself clear. In this class, rivalry can leave. Got it. Now get in. Say sorry. Don't even think about whispering insults to her. I will hear you. Now go.'' He then went back in and waited for him to apologize.
Back to top Go down
Ginny Gage McCall
Admin
Ginny Gage McCall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Ginny nods, and approaches the ingredients nervously. She picked the correct amount of ingredients, and walked back to her desk and cauldron. She grabbed the sopophorous bean, and cut it up, for the potion. She put 250 fluid ounces into her beaker. Then, she added 5 ounces of African sea salt. Remembering the instructions, she left the water and salt filled beaker alone for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, of nervously looking at the clock, she poured the water into her cauldron. With her left hand, she used the graduated cylinder to get 40 fluid ounces of essence of worm wood. Next, she used her left hand to hold the cauldron at a different angle and poured another 10 drops of wormwood essence.

Ginny then grabbed the Valerian roots and cut it into small square pieces. She then put it into a beaker with water. She looked at the clock again until exactly 5 minutes had passed. She looked at her potion, noticing it was a black currant color. Ignoring her Valerian and water beaker, she poured the juice of Sopophorous beans into the cauldron. She grabbed the Valerian-water filled beaker and poured seven drops of it into the cauldron, making sure there where no traces or pieces of Valerian roots left. She stirred the potion 10 times clockwise, watching it in amazement as it turned to a light lilac shade. With her right hand, she stirred the potion counterclockwise, seeing it turn the color of water. While stirring counterclockwise, she took 2 1/2 seconds until it turned the color of water, clear. Then she put 7 pieces of perfectly square shaped Valerian roots in the cauldron. SHe then stirred the potion 10 times counterclockwise. She grabbed the powdered root of asphodel, and added 150 fl. oz. of it to the cauldron. She held the cauldron down with her right hand, using her left to stir the potion 10 times counterclockwise. Then she stirred 8 times clockwise. She left the potion alone for 2 minutes and 30 seconds exactly. She then dropped 1 piece of Valerian root into it. She then sighed. She had finished, and watched it turn a pale pink, the exact color the book had said.

SHe looked at the Dragon. Sighing with relief that she had done it correctly.
Back to top Go down
Elisabetta Domenici
3rd year
Elisabetta Domenici

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:39 pm

"You're dead, Kuranov!" Elisabetta screamed, running across the room and jumping onto Dmitri's back, where she began pounding the back of his head. "Don't you ever make fun of me again! Don't even talk to me! Don't even come near me! Do you hear me?"

Without knowing what she was doing, Elisabetta then sunk her teeth into Dmitri's neck, not letting go until she felt blood in her mouth. She then slid down from his back and stood there, watching him holding his wounded neck, a half-crazed look in her eyes.

"I hate you. I hate you. I wish I could kill you, you pathetic piece of trash." she hissed, blood trickling down the right side of her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Ginny Gage McCall
Admin
Ginny Gage McCall

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Ginny looked up and noticed Elisabetta bite Dmitri. Yikes she thought. She was quite happy she was in Ravenclaw, as this incident might make the Slytherin house lose an awfully big amount of points.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:42 pm

''Betta. Go to headteachers room. Now.'' He sighed and then smiled at Ginny. He came over and sniffed the potion. ''Perfect. Well done'' Then to Dante. ''Again. Perfect. Well done Mr Grimm.'' He then waited for the others
Back to top Go down
Lyra Nerina

Lyra Nerina

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:26 am

Lyra approaches the Potions classroom apprehensively. Knowing she was very late, she knocked politely on the door before entering. "I'm really sorry, Professor, Professor Whiteraven wanted to see me and I lost track of time. It won't happen again." She said this with what she hoped was a remorseful expression and hoped the Professor would forgive her. She saw that most of the students had finished with their potions and winced a little. She hadn't expected to be so late.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Immorta
Professor

Character sheet
Ability(s):

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 am

Dragon looked at her. ''Please. Call me Dragon. Never call me anything else. Oh and. You will need these notes. Now. I understand its not your fault. However. I will take 5 house points from Ravenclaw as you missed the entire lesson. So here you go.''

He gives her a booklet with the following written on:
What is the Draught if Living Dead.
Draught of Living Death brings upon its drinker a very powerful sleep that can last indefinitely.

Ingredients:
he ingredients would be water, a powdered root of asphodel, an infusion of wormwood, a valerian root, and a sophophorous bean

Method. (Including unorthodox method)
You should:
Cut up the Sopophorous bean
Pour in 250 fl.oz. of water and add 5 oz. of African sea salt to the beaker. Set the beaker aside after all the water has been added. Be very careful not to shake or move the beaker now.
Leave the water and salt to rest for five minutes.
Slowly pour all the water into the cauldron.
With your left hand use the graduated cylinder to obtain 40 fl.oz. of essence of wormwood.
With your right hand hold the cauldron at a slight angle and pour ten drops of essence of wormwood.
Now with your left hand hold the cauldron at a slightly different angle and pour another ten drops of wormwood essence.
Chop three Valerian roots into small squared pieces. After cutting place it in a beaker with water. Leave it to settle for five minutes. Your potion should now be resembling a smooth blackcurrant-coloured liquid.
Carefully pour the Sopophorous bean's juice into the cauldron
Add seven drops of the reduced liquid from the beaker; make sure there are no traces or fragments of Valerian root.
Stir the potion ten times clockwise; your potion should now be turning a light shade of lilac.
With your right hand stir the potion counterclockwise until the potion turns as clear as water; every stir should take approximately two and a half seconds.
Slowly put in seven square pieces of Valerian root.
Stir the potion ten times counterclockwise.
Add one hundred and fifty fl.oz. of powdered root of asphodel.
Hold the cauldron with your right hand; with your left hand gently stir the potion ten times counterclockwise and eight times clockwise.
Leave the potion to settle for two and a half minutes.
Add one small piece of Valerian root.
Your potion should turn to a pale pink colour; the preparation is now complete.

However. It is sometimes read that the Sopophorous bean should be crushed, not cut, to get more juice from it, and you should stir counterclockwise seven times and clockwise once instead.

He then smiled ''now please sit. Okay. Since you all did amazing. All houses get +20. Well done. Class dismissed. Luna. Stay.''
Back to top Go down
Luna Valkyrie
4th Year
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 am

Luna packs and cleans her things and walks up to Dragon with a smile. She waits patiently whilst thinking about what the rest of the lessons will be like. She enjoys potions. ''Yes Dragon? You wished for me to stay behind?'' She asks with a slight smile, hiding her nervousness well.
Back to top Go down
Lyra Nerina

Lyra Nerina

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:51 am

Lyra sighs inwardly and accepts the booklet from Dragon. Flipping through the booklet, she looked through the information briefly. She turns to go, making up her mind not to be late again. She decided to practise brewing the potion when she had time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson one. Draught of Living Death   Lesson one. Draught of Living Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson one. Draught of Living Death
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next